Would you like to volunteer with refugees in Leeds but you’re not sure how? Do you need someone to explain what opportunities are out there and help you to decide which volunteering role might suit your skill-set, availability and interests?
Leeds City of Sanctuary facilitate Volunteer Information Sessions every month.
Thursday 23rd January 30th
Thursday 20th February
Monday November 25th
All sessions are held at 5.45-6.45pm.
Location: Malmarc House, 116 Dewsbury Road, Leeds. LS11 6XD
If you have been thinking for a while about a way to get involved and help refugees and asylum seekers in Leeds, here is your chance to find the perfect opportunity for you!
The purpose of the meetings is to help people
- Get an overview of all the types of volunteering opportunities there are in Leeds, with organisations working around asylum and refuge
- Think about the skills and gifts they have to offer
- Think about when they might be available
- Find the organisation and role that best fits what they have to offer
- Find the organisation and role that best suits their interests and expertise
- Meet with people from different organisations to hear about their work and to ask questions
These meetings also help to remove pressure from smaller organisations who sometimes struggle to have individual conversations with every person who contacts them.
To find out more check out our events page.
For more information, to register interest in attending a session or if you would like to be contacted next time there is a meeting please email: [email protected]