Interested in Volunteering with refugees/asylum seekers
in Leeds in 2019?
Want to know what opportunities are out there?
Then the Volunteer Information Session is for you!
Monday September 30th 5.45-6.45pm
Monday October 28th 5.45-6.45pm
Monday November 25th 5.45-6.45pm
Malmarc House, 116 Dewsbury Road, Leeds. LS11 6XD
The session is to help people:
Find out about organisations supporting refuge and asylum in Leeds
Identify the varied volunteering opportunities/roles that are available
Consider the skills and experience you have to offer
Have an opportunity to ask questions and gather information
Please email Tina at [email protected] to reserve a place
Mon25Nov20195:45 pmMalmarc House, 116 Dewsbury Road, Leeds. LS11 6XD
If you have been thinking for a while about a way to get involved and help refugees and asylum seekers in Leeds, here is your chance to find the perfect opportunity for you!The purpose of the meetings is to help people
- Get an overview of all the types of volunteering opportunities there are in Leeds, with organisations working around asylum and refuge
- Think about the skills and gifts they have to offer
- Think about when they might be available
- Find the organisation and role that best fits what they have to offer
- Find the organisation and role that best suits their interests and expertise
- Meet with people from different organisations to hear about their work and to ask questions
These meetings also help to remove pressure from smaller organisations who sometimes struggle to have individual conversations with every person who contacts them.
To find out more check out our events page.
For more information, to register interest in attending a session or if you would like to be contacted next time there is a meeting please email: [email protected]