Introducing new volunteers to the migrant support sector in Leeds
Each month, Leeds City of Sanctuary hosts a meeting for volunteers who want to support asylum seekers and refugees in Leeds.
The purpose of the meeting is to help people:
- Get an overview of all the types of volunteering opportunities there are in Leeds, with organisations working around asylum and refuge
- Think about the skills and gifts they have to offer
- Think about when they might be available
- Find the organisation and role that best fits what they have to offer
- Find the organisation and role that best suits their interests and expertise
- Meet with people from different organisations to hear about their work and to ask questions
These evenings also help to remove pressure from smaller organisations who sometimes struggle to have individual conversations with every person who contacts them.
The meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of every month from 17:30-18:30 at Ebor Court, Skinner Street, LS1 4LX. There is no dedicated parking at the building, although there are plenty of on-street places. It’s only a ten minute walk from Leeds Station.
Meetings will be held on the following dates:
For more information or with any questions please contact [email protected]
If you’d like to provide up-to-date information about the volunteering opportunities in your own organisation then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.